GSC Mollohan Center

Tuition & Financial Aid

CARES Act Reporting

Tuition & Costs

Estimated Costs for One Semester, 2023 - 2024

West Virginia Resident Out-of-State/International Online Program
in Residence Hall
Tuition1 $4,176 $5,040 $4,392
Fees $530 $530 $530
Room2 $3,067 $3,067 $3,067
Meal Plan3 $2,675 $2,675 $2,675
Books/Supplies $390.00 $390.00 $390
TOTAL4 $10,838 $11,702 $11,054

1. Please note that all costs listed here are based on campus residency.

  • Strictly online only program tuition and fees may vary
  • Commuter students will not be subject to room or full meal plan costs, and fees assessed will differ from those listed here

2. Room cost based on most affordable, double-occupancy rooms (Goodwin Double). Add $530/semester for Pioneer Village residency or $743/semester for Goodwin Single. A $100 academic year room reservation fee will also be assessed during application for housing.

3. Meal plan purchase is required for on-campus residents. Commuter students will be required to purchase a "Dining Flex" plan for $75 per semester.

4. Additional costs or fees may be assessed for certain upgrades, services, or specific courses.

See detailed costs

Payment Plans

We want your experience at ֱ State to be as smooth as possible. Check out our Payment Plans to see what is best for you.

View Payment Plans

Net Price Calculator

Use this tool to estimate the costof your attendance at ֱ.

Aid Available

Financial assistance in the form of grants, loans and work opportunities is awarded based on your financial need.

Students can qualify by demonstrating economic need, usually by completing the. ֱ’s FAFSA code number is003813. Instructions on how to fill out awill help step you through the process.

Average amount of aid GSU students receive.

No matter what your trade is, ֱ State has scholarships available to fit your path.


ֱ State offersmany grants to undergraduate students based on financial need.


Our Financial Aid team is here to help you through every step of the loan process.

Work Opportunities
Work Opportunities

ֱ State's student employment opportunities are much more than just a job - it's a great way to connect with the community and your peers.

Applying for Aid

  1. Apply Online

    • To apply on-line, you and your parents (if applicable) need to request an FSA ID. This is how you will sign your on-line FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This should be completed at least three days prior to completing the FAFSA.
    • Complete the FAFSA on-line at .
    • Be sure to list ֱ as the college you will be attending, using school code 003813.
    • To complete the FAFSA you will need:
      1. Your and your parents’ (if applicable) social security numbers and dates of birth and valid separate emails.
      2. Your and your parents’ (if applicable) income information for two years prior to the beginning of the academic year. For example, when completing the 2023-24 FAFSA, you will need 2021 tax information. For the 2024-25 FAFSA, you will need 2022 tax information.
    • Be sure to save a copy of your completed FAFSA and your Submission Confirmation before exiting.
    • This information will then be transmitted to you and the Financial Aid Office in the form of a Student Aid Report.

  2. Review and Confirm Aid Application

    • After completing the , you should receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) in your email within 2-3 days. Be sure to check your "junk" and "spam" email boxes in addition to your inbox.
    • Once you receive your report, review it for accuracy.
    • Be sure that ֱ is listed as the college you will be attending.
    • If you need to make corrections, you may do so by logging back into your FAFSA at .
  3. Provide Additional Documentation

    • If nothing needs to be corrected and ֱ State is listed, you will receive an email and a letter from the Financial Aid Office asking you to provide additional documentation.
    • Please promptly supply the requested material in order to speed up the processing of your financial aid file. Files are processed in the order in which they are received.
    • If you do not receive a letter from the Financial Aid Office within 2-3 weeks after receiving your Student Aid Report, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (304) 462-4103 or by email at
  4. Check Your Award Notification

    • After returning the requested verification information to the Financial Aid Office, you should receive an award notification in approximately 2-4 weeks.
    • If you do not receive your award notification within 2-4 weeks, inquire with the Financial Aid Office.
    • Once you receive your award notification, review it carefully and read the accompanying material.
    • Returning students will receive an email notifying them that awards for the upcoming year are available for review in their EdNet account.

    For Students Accepting Loans

    • If you are accepting student loans for the first time, you MUST complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at The MPN is normally valid for 10 academic years. All students receiving a loan for the first time MUST also complete Student Loan Entrance Counseling at .
    • Loans for first-time freshmen are subject to a one time 30-day disbursement delay (that is, loans will disburse 30 days after the beginning of the first semester of college).
    • It is requested that ALL students accepting student loans complete the Loan Entrance Counseling EACH YEAR at to indicate subsequent year acceptance.
    • All loans will have two disbursements. If the loan is for the whole year, it will pay half in the fall semester and half in the spring semester. If it is only a single semester loan, half will pay at the beginning of the semester and half around mid-term.
    • All part-time students must contact the Financial Aid Office for possible loan adjustments, or loans will not pay to your account. Students must be enrolled in at least six hours to be considered for federal student loans.
  5. Register and Pay

    • After you register for classes, and beginning in early July, you will receive an email to view your Billing Invoice on your .
    • If you have a positive balance on your billing invoice, you will need to make payment arrangements with the cashier or inquire about the status of your financial aid.
    • If you have a negative balance, this indicates that you will receive a financial aid refund, which is financial aid that is leftover after your bill is paid. You may request that this refund be direct deposited by completing a direct deposit form with our cashier.

Contact Us

Financial Aid Office

Phone: 304-462-4103
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM